Monday, March 4, 2013

Copper Bullion?

So here I was doing some online shopping when I came across some copper bullion. Now I've heard of people collecting pennies and some nickles but I have never seen shiny new copper bullion. SO it sparked my interest and I did a little online research. A 1oz Copper round goes for about $1.50 - $1.89. Some peoples opinion online seemed to be that copper bullion for stacking was a waste of money and overpriced. Spot price for a pound of copper goes for $3.50 so purchasing a 1oz round would mean that I would be paying a high premium. But, since I wasn't spending my life savings, just a few bucks I thought, hey why not! The main reason I purchased them was that I thought this avenue would be a nice affordable way to get my little nephews interested in collecting coins. 

Really cool interesting fact on the Lakota Crazy Horse coins I picked up. It's an official form of currency! Yes, within the Lakota Sioux tribe!

Below are some pictures of a few copper rounds I picked up. Are you into copper bullion? What are your thoughts on stacking copper?

Lakota Crazy Horse AVDP 1oz .999 fine copper round / obverse side

Lakota Crazy Horse 1oz .999 fine copper / reverse side

2012 Mercury Dime replica, 1oz AVDP .999 fine copper round/ obverse side

2012 Mercury Dime replica, 1oz AVDP .999 copper round/ reverse side


No comments:

Post a Comment